- RSS Channel Showcase 6791283
- RSS Channel Showcase 5197434
- RSS Channel Showcase 4897295
- RSS Channel Showcase 6550285
Articles on this Page
- 01/26/15--04:24: _Grown-up Travel Gui...
- 02/21/15--05:56: _Making the most of ...
- 04/08/15--06:01: _The positive impact...
- 04/18/15--01:00: _Making the most of ...
- 04/19/15--07:57: _Grown-up Travel Gui...
- 04/20/15--02:52: _Experiencing life o...
- 04/21/15--07:30: _Grown-up Travel Gui...
- 04/22/15--06:21: _The perfect base fo...
- 04/23/15--03:10: _Grown-up Travel Gui...
- 04/23/15--23:00: _My first African sa...
- 02/21/15--05:56: Making the most of a morning in Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe
- 04/18/15--01:00: Making the most of an afternoon in Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe
- 04/20/15--02:52: Experiencing life on the edge at Gorges Lodge, Zimbabwe
- 04/23/15--23:00: My first African safari – Hwange National Park, Zimbabwe
It’s easy to miss this big fella watching us carefully as we drift past on a sunset cruise on the Zambezi in Zimbabwe. This was a wonderful way to relax after a busy day of activities in Victoria Falls and before the evening’s entertainment began… #zimbabwesafari2014
Last year I had one of the best trips of my life when I spent a week in Zimbabwe working with Imvelo Safari Lodges, a company that offers some of the best safari experiences you can have on the continent while helping both wildlife and the local community. I’ve been drip-feeding content ever since both here […]
Going on safari in Africa – it’s hard to think of any other travel experience that holds the same allure. Exotic, adventurous, wild…perhaps with a tinge of danger to add to the excitement? Often described as a ‘once in a lifetime’ activity, a safari holiday is certainly high on many a bucket list. I would argue […]
Since I am currently in Botswana and off the grid for a few days (no wi-fi, no mobile phone signal – what bliss!) it seemed appropriate to republish a few articles from my last trip to the most exciting continent in the world. Last year I experienced Zimbabwe for the first time – and I […]
Having promised my wife I wouldn’t bungee jump without her – or rather not do anything so stupid on my own – I kept my word, naturally. However I did receive clearance for the Bridge Slide (zipline), one of Shearwater Victoria Falls‘ many activities. It might be lamer than the bungee or the pendulum […]
Last year I experienced Zimbabwe for the first time – and I thoroughly recommend you do the same… Introduction As this picture of the bar area suggests, Gorges Lodge is no ordinary hotel. When I looked through my notes, video footage and photographs I realized that a regular hotel review would not do the place […]
Impala seen from the historic tram ride with Shearwater Victoria Falls to the Victoria Falls Bridge. You don’t have to go far from town to encounter wildlife in Zimbabwe #zimbabwesafari2014
Okay, I see you’re not beating around the bush… Do I ever? It’s true, that’s a big claim I’m making in that headline right there. But fear not, I’m going to convince you that I’m not writing cheques my story can’t cash. Cue the inevitable spike in searches by confused younger readers wondering what a […]
Spotted near Bomani Tented Lodge in Zimbabwe #zimbabwesafari2014
It took me 44 years, but I got there in the end. In 2014 I finally got to realise what all the fuss is about. Actually, I guess I knew what the fuss was about but going on safari in Africa far exceeded my expectations and made me understand why this particular experience is at or […]